We Floridians are lucky enough to live in a state where the average temperature falls around 77 degrees Fahrenheit. However, while the Sunshine State may boast a mild climate most of the year, it’s not entirely uncommon for temperatures to drop below freezing in the winter months. Floridians are usually aptly prepared for scorching temperatures in the summer, but when it gets cold, some of us aren’t quite ready. If your AC system doesn’t have heating capabilities you could be left shivering.
Is a Space Heater Right For Me?
Space heaters can help warm your home if your AC system is lacking. However, while space heaters can be a good supplement to your home, you should consider investing in a heat pump. At Engineered Air, we carry a full line of Carrier brand heat pumps to ensure your home stays cozy this winter.
- What is a heat pump? A heat pump is an energy-efficient alternative to air conditioners and furnaces. Heat pumps utilize electricity by moving the heat from a cool space to a space that is warmer.
- Who should buy a heat pump? Heat pumps are great options for people who live in regions where the climate is moderate and doesn’t require intense heating needs in the winters months…aka, Florida!
How to Choose the Right Space Heater
If you do decide that a space heater is right for you and your home, here are some things to consider when purchasing:
- Consult with a professional. Before investing in a space heater, make sure you consult with a professional from Engineered Air to discuss all of your options. Buying a space heater can be difficult since there are so many kinds of space heaters to choose from and your home could potentially benefit more from another heating device. A professional will help you select the appropriate one.
- Turn your thermostat down. When using your space heater, make sure you turn your thermostat down. If you leave the thermostat on, you will rapidly increase your energy costs.
- Be vigilant. Space heaters provide a comfy temperature for your home, but don’t forget that they can be dangerous too. Make sure your space heater is not located near anything considered to be flammable and always watch the device to ensure it’s working properly.
At Engineered Air, the comfort of your home is our #1 priority! We want to ensure that you and your loved ones are comfortable this winter, so if your home is not being warmed effectively, give us a call today and click here to see all the heat pumps we offer.